Vinohradska 40, 12000 Prague 2, Vinohrady
(Metro: Namesti Miru station. Tram 11 to Vinohradska Trznice)
Gay, Lesbian, Bar, Dance Club, Video, Dark/Backroom
This club closed in 2011. A new club with the name ON opened at the same location. Details at the Danceclubs page.
No Entrance fee, No Minimum consumption
Have you visited this location? If so, tell us about it. Click here and let us know.
Comment by Greg, who visited in February 2006: Went there on a saturday night and the place was packed with a great mix of younger guys on dance floor and older guys at the bar upstairs. There is also a nice lounge just off of the dance floor to enjoy the night!
- Comment by Dave, who visited in May 2006: Wethought it was a fantastic place. At street level, it just looks like a modern, glass fronted bar. But downstairs, there's a busy disco playing Europop and chart hits, and a small area with dark cubicles and porn videos. Entry is free. Then, you go downstairs to a sub-basement level with an even larger disco, with slightly more trendy dance and techno music. There's also a big chill-out area and a coat-check. Entry is usually free, except when there are special party events. On the evening we went, there were fire-juggling, fire-breathing bar boys, and a 4-man African drum group seamlessly inter-weaving their rhythms with the DJ's music. And as if that wasn't enough, there's another area on this floor: You go into a darkened area away from the music, through a black curtain, and you find yourself at the top of a very dimly-lit stone staircase leading down to another level, with a dungeon/darkroom. The whole is definitely recommended.
- Comment by Blagoje, who visited in July 2006: cheap beer and sexy staff.
- Comment by Justin, who visited in July 2006: There is a downstairs dancefloor and another larger dancefloor on a level below that is only open on weekends.
- Comment by Jelte, who visited in August 2006: A nice and good place for gays to be.
- Comment by Perry, who visited in September 2006: Was the best night out I've had in a long time. My friend enjoyed it too. If only there were somewhere this good in Nottingham. 2 dance floors playing different music, friendly staff and customers and reasonable prices. What more can you possibly want?
- Eric wrote in October 2007: Nice dance club. Had a great time, danced, cheap drinks with an abundance of cute Bois running around. I think most were rent boys! The bartender there was one of the cutest bartenders I have encountered in many years. Would love to talk to him again. Will go back!
- Gene wrote in January 2008: We spent an enjoyable evening on January 4,2008. Liked the ambiente and mixed crowd, visiting from Florida.
- Michael wrote in April 2008: Visited April 2008. We were here on a Friday night and had so much fun we returned on Saturday night! Fantastic music and lighting! Fabulous selection of good looking men in all age brackets! We were in the downstairs main house/techno room. Also hung out for a few dances in the pop/disco room which was also fun. Checked out the sub-basement dark room and it was very anti-climactic to descend into a space which had stale air and no music! How long will it be before Valentino's figures out that placing some fans or candles and a couple of speakers on this level could make a huge difference?
- Philip wrote in June 2008: Although the place was well decorated it was a huge disappointment to find that another gay man could not be welcomed. As an American I was hoping to at least find like minded individuals who could say hello or smile or in someway be friendly. This was not to be found. I find it amazing that with all the english music being played and everyone there knowing the words that no one spoke english. I was treated with any lack of respect from the bartenders to the other people in the club. Also, Czech people do not know how to dance!
- Gertjan wrote in September 2008: Visited June 2008. Best place in town! Nice dance floors both one floor down -cosy, friendly atmosphere, relaxed music- and two floors down (Fri & Sat only): huge dancefloor with great music, bit more techno but not too much. Nice darkroom area; get's very packed though so beware of pickpockets etc. Nice if you're into it. Don't go back on Sundaynight when you had two great previous nights; it's very disappointing!
- Sam wrote in September 2008: Valentino's is the best dance club in Prague. There are two seperate floors for dancing. I wasn't too excited about the music that was played, kind of a euro pop upstairs and a little bit more high energy music downstairs. If you are looking for techno and circuit music this will come close but there taste in music is a little different that what we are used to in Miami & LA. The best part about this club is that there is no charge to get in. There is plenty of space to roam around & if you find someone cute, their are dark rooms behind the upstairs dance floor. Open till 5 am so I would recommend hitting Drake's or Babalonia first and then hit the clubs.
- Katl wrote in December 2008: We visited in November 2008. It's a fantastic place! Last time we visited Prague in 2005 we had a great time in the club 'Gajzeer' and were disappointed to find it had closed down. Well for those of you that felt the same go to Valentino, it has virtually all the club space Gajzeer occupied plus more! A cafe style bar on street level with large windows offers a warm welcome, walk through the bar to the end to find a staircase that leads down to a disco/club level. Take a look around here and you'll find a doorway leading down to a lower level, cocktail style bar and dance club which was, as I remember 'Gajzeer'. The large video room has gone (or at least we never found it), but there's plenty of places to find fun for the not so faint-hearted on levels lower that this. This place is truly a fantastic club and well worth a visit, you don't have to pass through any 'dark' spaces to reach any of the bars/dance floors if you're not into the darkroom thing so don't worry about that. No door charge or exit charge and very well priced drinks in my opinion. Music style was dance downstairs pop upstairs, a good mix of stuff. The layout of the club is excellent, plenty of places to chat so you don't have to shout at each other all night, which I tend to find in many clubs these days. If you intend to go clubbing in Prague then you must go to Valentino!
- Bruns wrote in June 2009: Recommend Valentinos. Had a great time, really friendly club, drinks reasonable. 74 CZK vodka sprite and 45 CZK for water. Had to laugh at the sign to the darker basement area. Good reminder! Great night :) On leaving, the cab outside was dodgy. At the hotel he stopped but the meter still whizzed up well past 1000 CZK. Got out, he was agressive, me saying '300 max and happy to call police', after 10 mins, he accepted 400 CZK. After paying the gay insults came out. Sad, bitter and very lazy man, Prague City need to licence these taxis. Only catch yellow AAA taxis!
- Jack wrote in August 2009: It is a wonderful place. Very hot staff. A lot of sexy young guys there. The dark room is wonderful, so exciting. Had great sex. But make sure you dont have cash or important things with you. Can be stolen. The DJ is ok. More English songs can be played. Too local.
Visited on 8th August, 2009.
- Kai wrote in August 2009: Went there this Saturday night, around 3 am. It was not overcrowded 'cause this place is quite large. The music was a mix and the people were between their 20's and 40's. Some really good looking guys (eye candy) but also a lot of average nice folks. Somehow I have to get used to the behaviour - it is a _bit_ different to Spain, Sweden or Germany. The darkroom is a 'must see'- funny, deep down with another bar close to the 'hot spots'. Design of the cellar is worth a price: Just have a quick tour and enjoy the view of guys who are waiting for 'something' to happen. All in all, Valentino is worth a visit.
- Raul wrote in February 2010: Visited December 2009. I visited Valentino for 2 successive nights, Friday and Saturday. On Friday was no much full but mostly good. Saturday was full and extremly wonderful. People are nice and so friendly. I recommend this club to anyone.
- David wrote in June 2010: I visited this club about every night from 1-13 June, as my rental flat was directly about the club. Unlike previous years, this club was quieter on week days than ever before. I am told that the guys came later than when I was there - often after 1 am on week days. Friday and Saturday nights were busy - when the large lower level dance floor and lounge was open. While I did not check out the dark rooms, I am told that they were busy on weekends. One potential problem has appeared this year. Namely too many fag hags are visiting Valentino, occasionally almost dominating the mid-level dance floor. These fag hags try to drag the cute younger boys out on the dance floor, and they do not take no for an answer. Someone should tell these aggressive fag hags to f'ck off and go to straight venues. This year, for the first time, many gays in Praha are talking about the influx of fag hags in Valentino and are consequently avoiding the club, prefering to go to Termix and other nearby venues. One night, there were 24 fag hags in the mid-level, around half of the crowd. This is not going over well with the gay community. I did spend many late afternoons (5:30- 7:00pm) on the outdoor terrace of Valentino, sipping black current juice and people watching, a great location for that. The adjacent Celebrity Cafe was also busy at that time.
- Botok wrote in August 2010: I went to visit Valentino on early August 2010. I found it very nice place with a mix between locals and foreign visitors. During the weekend, there were two dancefloors, once was really smokey, the other one was nice with younger crowds. The drink is very cheap and the service is very friendly. The music is very good for both. I was lucky to meet a local chap, very friendly, and he becomes a friend now. I recommend tourists and foreigners to come here.
- Andy wrote in September 2010: Still as popular, if not bussier than ever, and as for the strait ladies, they are all part of the fun, and in nowhere near as big a percantage of the clientelle as David makes out.
- James visited February 2011: David, did you actually count the 24 'fag-hags', or just estimate? wtf. The last week I was in Prague, Valentinos closed down part of the space, then all, apparently to renovate and remodel? Which is a good idea. The place was getting a bit stale. It's the main place to go in Prague, pretty much any night of the week but mostly weekends. It's a bit cheesy and feels like 1996, but in a good way I guess. All types of people there, there's always something to catch your eye and cheap drinks. A beer for 28 crowns.
- Jonas wrote in July 2011: Well, Valentino have now new owners and its now under reconstruction. Right now only the club is open, cafe and disco will be opened in august and then the club will be closed. In September the whole club will open again with a new name, On club. Have seen some pictures of how it gonna be and I am really looking forward to partying is this new club.
- Mark wrote in August 2011: Sorry guys its closed down :(
- Ross wrote in August 2011: Valentino's closed in 2011 and reopened as 'On' in August 2011. I went there to see what it was like and to see if it was better. The Clientel hasnt really changed, lots of fag-hags, rent boys, etc. The lower floor is still closed, the middle floor was awful. There is a red/black theme everywhere and a roped off area with some very ugly chintzy chairs inside. The music was dreadful.. Jay-Z and Eminem - who wants to listen to homophobic hip-hop in a gay club? We left after 3 songs.